Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Man Reaching for a Star

For years I have been thinking about getting a tattoo, and lately my 13-year-old daughter has been pushing me to get one. Unfortunately, I just have not been able to find anything that I felt would look good on an 85-year-old man (after all, tattoos are *permanent*). However, if I ever get one, it would probably be the image below ... over my heart.

Many years ago, a close friend gave me a greeting card by Richard Stine which had this image on it. It really spoke to me on a number of different levels. A while later I was amazed to find a sweatshirt with the same image on the front, so I bought it and I have since used it regularly during my morning workouts. I find it so inspirational ... and so do my three kids. Perhaps someday soon I may take the plunge and get that tattoo. Who knows?

No comments: